A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

10th Step = Nightly Review

TENTH STEP NIGHTLY REVIEW CHECKLIST
 Did I start my day with conscious contact with my Higher Power?
 Did I act with patience, compassion, kindness and love towards others today?
 What have I done to be of service to the people around me today?
 Did I resist the temptation to gossip or criticize others today?
 Did I make unreasonable demands upon myself, others, or life today?
 Did I label myself or others today (people rating)?
 Did I catastrophize any situations today (can’t-stand-it-itis)?
 Did I have contact with my support group and/or another person in recovery today?
 Have I contacted my sponsor recently?
 Did I do any step work today?
 Did I renew at any time today my conscious contact with my Higher Power?
 Have I been resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid today?
 Did I worry excessively today or dwell in the past?
 Am I taking myself too seriously in any area of my life today?
 Did I feel “stressed out” today?
 Did I experience any extreme feelings today? What were they and why did I have them?
 Did I exercise self-restraint today?
 Did I respond rather than react today?
 Did I harm anyone today? Do I owe an amends? What might I have done differently?
 Have I practiced unconditional self-acceptance today?
 Did I allow myself to become obsessed about anything today?
 Did I behave compulsively in any way today?
 What spiritual principles did I practice in my life today?
 Was I happy and peaceful today?
 Do I see any “old patterns” re-emerging in my life today? If so, which ones?
 Has there been conflict in any of my relationships today? What?
 Did I allow myself to become too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired today?
 What did I not do today that I wish I had done?
 Did I get physical exercise today?
 Have I kept something to myself that I need to discuss with my sponsor?
 Was I kind and gentle to myself today?
 What did I do today that I feel positive about?
 What are the areas where I need to improve the most?
 What am I grateful for today?

No comments: